Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Fifth Amendment

When I first read the book Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon, I told my mother I wanted to be a lawyer and she told my grandfather who discouraged her and then me from pursuing what I thought was a good career . I don’t think I was devastated about my dream being quashed but I wonder what might have been; I still admire lawyers very much, especially the TV ones.

And a few times people say I should have been a lawyer because they find me argumentative. I do not think I am particularly argumentative; I like to talk and then also explain myself where I feel I am being misunderstood. It probably does sound defensive to the listener and this week I have come up against two situations where I feel I should just been quiet.

It is not pleasant to have someone perceive you in an unflattering light but then who is perfect?

You say it best when you say nothing at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home