Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Two oppportunities gone

I have not been here for two days; on Monday my writing space had been invaded by an angry builder who needed my husband's help so I couldn't write with those negative emotions swirling round. On Tuesday, I forgot.Not funny at all.

On Monday the writing class went well and I was struck anew about how supportive everyone is. The two ladies with gripes were there and somehow I felt like one of them was not too happy about something. She is a good writer. I don't know what it is but because I sense nuances quite well, I have decided not to say too much about the other bits of writing I do and also pray that whatever she is unhappy about concerning the teacher will be resolved. Writing is a tough business and one learns if you want to from the rejections and the criticisms and the like.As someone has said there is nothing like the perfect piece but there comes a point when you have to let it go and send it out as best as you can. Just as there are many ways to introduce yourself, so are there many ways to express a point and that is the beauty of this craft.

And, I have struck some form of rapport with the lady who complained about the teacher last week. There again, I shall pray and see what comes out of it.

It would be nice if one could walk away from this craft without any angst but a few days away from it for some of us and we get this discomfort somewhere in our body.

So I rue the two days I have not been able to exercise those muscles but I am back in the saddle and that is the important thing.

Have to get ready to go to school and will hope to have something interesting to write about class this evening.

God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home