Sunday, March 23, 2008

Living your dream

This is the second time I am writing this and I am not too sure where the previous entry has disappeared to.

Well, during the week I watched a program called A Place In The Sun and in this particular episode, there was a woman who had relocated to Portugal to live her dream of a rural life. Six months later the hostess of the show had gone back to find out how she was doing and she was getting ready to host a dinner party for her neighbours.

I had watched many episodes of this program but somehow this program touched me very much. To witness someone living their dream was awesome for me. Because a lot of times when you have a dream and you share it, a lot of well-meaning people, family and friends will dissuade you from walking it out, pointing out all the barriers and impediments and sacrifices you have to make. A lot of the time, they will point out all the benefits of your current status and tell you to be grateful for what you have.

The thing about a dream though is that it never goes away; you wake up with it on your mind and you go to bed with it on your mind. The sad thing is that a lot of people succumb to the discouragement and do not make the effort to try at their dreams.

Not me. I don't know when I made that decision but I would rather try than to sit pretty and carry sadness in my heart.

I keep writing about a day at a time and indeed that is what I have. Today. What am I doing to get closer to that dream?

With God's help, I know my dreams will come to pass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana,
what really is your dream?...you are a fantastic writer... I hope your dream revolves around writting?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Nana said...

Dear Anonymous, I am praying that something happens with the writing soon.
God bless you for your comment and interest.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Nana

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home