Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ministry

In season and out of season.

These are my words for this year. As I was pondering over the writing and thinking of which direction next, this verse came to mind.
2 Timothy 4:2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching.

If I consider this writing to be a ministry gift then I must write if I feel like it or not, motivated or not, inspired or not. That does not mean putting out shoddy work but it means that I no longer have the excuse of not feeling like writing and I must write every day, whether it is a line or hundreds of them.
What matters is that I do it all for the glory of God as a minister of the gospel; So in season or out of season, I write the words I hear in my mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home