Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just obey ... GIVE

I have often felt a bit limited and frustrated at not having a substantial income to do some of the things that I want to do or indulge in a little bit of pampering; so for a few years now I have gone back to the biblical teaching on prosperity and I am quite familiar with some verses now on what I need to do.

The funny thing is that I used to practise these things in Ghana when I became a Christian some 18 years ago. I didn't know I was doing that but with hindsight, I realise just how blessed I was financially. I wasn't too savvy then to get into investments and savings and the like so most of the money was used on treats and on things for school. Anyway, now that I am going back to my roots as it were, I am finding a lot of challenges because I believe my faith is being tested in that area. I still get frustrated at the apparent stillness of my finances but I am holding on fast to the promises of God.

Lately I have been thinking about the verse Luke 6:38 where Jesus said to give and it shall be given you in abundance and overflow ( paraphrased) and I am noticing something. There is the first part and then the second.

The first part is to GIVE and the results will follow. I am doing my best to focus on the part that is mine to obey for therein lies the breakthrough. The questions I have,"When, Lord? Who, Lord? How, Lord?" have to give way to obeying that one word- instruction to GIVE.

Hard on the flesh but certainly possible to do. Father, thank You always for Your patience and mercy upon this child.
A step at a time and I will get there.
Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home