Sunday, July 30, 2006

Godliness better than cleanliness

It is after two in the morning and I can't sleep for two good reasons: my head is throbbing from a new hairstyle and I can't seem to get into a comfortable position today. I don't know whether that is due to the way the baby is positioned or the mattress or just having gone to bed a bit early tonight. Whatever it is I have had to come down instead of tossing and turning so much.

It has been a good weekend on the one hand and a trying one on the other; quite ironic when I just wrote about These Halcyon Days. I am getting more and more irritated by the way the boys are misbehaving when they are supposed to tidy up and especially in my state at the moment, I wish they would just obey instantly and not make me talk so much. The place is always in one big mess and there is only so much that I can do.

I know I should keep persevering in prayer about their behaviour and I am trying my best to, but it seems like I really am now hanging on with my teeth and fingernails. And I have been encouraging another friend to keep persevering in prayer just yesterday. What to do especially when there is nothing I can do in my own strength?

Keep praying and believing that this too shall pass and focus on other things. Life is too short to spend thinking and fretting over the perfect and tidy home when you have 4 boys. I am hoping to be spared another if it is God's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home