Friday, April 20, 2007

Acceptance and humility

I just found out last week in a very dramatic way that acceptance is not really humility. Sometimes accepting someone else’s point of view is a sign of humility. However it is not always the case. Sometimes we accept someone else's point of view for other reasons such as fear or defeat or discouragement or some other insidious emotion.
I learnt this lesson to great cost and I am going to do my best not to do that again. Especially for me as a Christian it is going to be tough sometimes because I might erroneously think I am not being Christ-like but I have to learn to get to the place of pure convictions according to the Word of God and not mistake emotion or goody goody feelings for humility.
Somtimes there is no other way but to firmly but politely fight for your convictions whatever the consequences.
Humility is not cowering acceptance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home