Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My 40th birthday

I turned 40 last week and I spent the day in quiet reflection just like I wanted to. Very peaceful, very quiet and very grateful for this particular birthday. To say that I feel I have matured over the past year would be a bit of an understatement. And I don't mean that boastfully at all; I have grown very much in the area of keeping my focus and I am quietly excited about the new frontiers ahead of me.

I am also very grateful for good friends and for my faith which continues to undergird all that I do and that was the abiding emotion on my birthday: gratitude. O Lord, how can I thank You for all that You have done for me over the years and what is to come? Thank You, Father in Jesus' Name that there is none beside You. You are the Only true God and I give all praise and adoration to You for all that you continue to do for me.

Thank You for the open doors set before me and for the next 40 years that lie ahead.
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord, thank You, Jesus, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home