Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What am I waiting for?

Sometimes it takes a really horrid event to cement things for you. The husband of someone I know from university took his life a few weeks ago and I have been wondering what drove him to such lengths. What makes us stay in a state of unhappiness until it is too late?
Fear, basically. Fear in various ways and I shudder to think that I would live under such a cloud that I would despair of life itself. Life abundant is Jesus's promise to us in John 10:10, that famous passage.
I receive that promise by faith and continue to seek to walk in the paths aright for me. Baby step at a time with each passing day. I cannot live under a cloud and be unhappy or discontent because I know I am not being true to what I believe God has put on my heart.
I own my vision of abundant life in Jesus' Mighty Name, Amen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home