Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bill Porter's example

Today I feel much stronger and also more in control of my emotions. There is nothing that beats the fear of the Lord because it anchors your soul and even when you are feeling a bit unstable in your emotions, the Holy Spirit brings you back where you belong and reminds you of the promises of God.

I have been reading a book by Bill Porter today; and reading about his challenges and how he has overcome them to become a salesman extraordinaire has been so humbling and encouraging. One has to keep reading books such as these to bring home the fact that some people make so much out of very little.   

I have so much to be thankful for and I have to do my best not to forget that as I walk through each day. Despite the challenges, I will press on and be more attentive to myself and more gracious to those around me.

Thank You, Father for my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home