Sunday, February 22, 2009

Be encouraged, Nana

It is going to be one of those weeks where every day is filled with one activity or the other so I am going to have to plan properly so I can maximize the time I have. It is not easy to learn disciplines as an adult but there is no shortcut to get to the Promised Land as it were. One has to go through the graft.

The "night before" routine is something I haven't been able to implement on a regular basis yet the few times I have done that, it is amazing how easier the "morning after" is. Recently I was reading a suggestion about not writing a to-do list before going to bed but I am not too sure whether I agree with that yet. Maybe that advice is not for me at all or the season for that is yet to arrive.

Well, today I was feeling a little low for good reasons, feeling tired in body and also frustrated in emotion but I spoke to a friend who has really encouraged me and made me regain focus to think of the future and not to give up.

I am making progress and I must not lose sight of that fact; it might seem like it is not happening quick enough but it is happening and I keep my eyes on the ball. I am listening to some speeches by Black American civil rights leaders and I am encouraged by the fact that I bear the name of a Ghanaian woman who fought against the British. Though she lost that battle she holds a revered position in our history and if she could do it, I can do it too. Especially since I am a child of the living God. I am the righteousness of God and I am an overcomer and more than a conqueror.

Lord, may my week be fruitful and productive in all ways. Thank You, Father in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home