Sunday, July 13, 2008

Making the most of what you have

Make the most of what you have; this is something I have been telling the boys over a few months now when they are moaning about what they don't have and it is advice I have to take myself. As the saying goes, the grass always looks greener on the other side and it is easy to overlook the abundance in one's own life.

A few years ago I used to write a list of things to be grateful for each morning and it was interesting to see the list grow as I started writing but as with all good habits I have started, I have dropped it for no apparent reason. Someone has a bigger car and you forget that your old jalopy has driven you thousands of miles faithfully without any mishap. It is raining the whole week and you forget the two weeks before were warm and sunny. In my case, I have lots of good books to read and yet I go out searching for something to read.

Very easy to lose sight of the blessings in one's life until you hear something that convicts you or prompts you to remember what you have.

Make the most of what you have and when you get more added to you, your attitude will continue to be that of gratitude.

Thank You, Father for all that I have, Amen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Itsasistathing said...

Making the most of what we have means taking time out. Nurture & ground yourself, find satisfaction in everything we do in life. Think through your actions and always aim your targets that keep your wheels turning in motion. Live the life that will make you the happiest, every moment of every day. We all make choices in life and that making the best time for ourselves should be our first choice.

wendy

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home