Friday, May 30, 2008

Beware what you respond to and who you respond to

There is someone in my life who takes ( I should say there is more than one person in my life like that but...) and takes and takes and it took me years to realize that about her, even though another friend had mentioned it to me.

Anyway, now that I have sussed that about her, I keep her very much at arm's length; she recently passed a comment about me that in times past I would have been quick to defend myself about . Now that I know she is not all sugar and spice and all that's nice and is not as naive as I previously thought, I just let the comment wash over me and kept my peace.

As one grows up and is maturing and learning more about life and people, it is important to know what to respond to and who to respond to. If you have been a pleaser like I have been before it is so very easy to feel guilty when you are not running around pleasing people and heeding to their heartfelt pleas.

Life is too short to live in guilt or fear or resentment. It is for freedom that Christ set me free and I am doing my best to heed to His voice in my daily minutes.

Thanks be to God for His grace each day, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home