Thursday, January 27, 2011

To Happiness

I just finished a Lee Child book and yes, I am in love once again. With his main character Jack Reacher who is a larger-than-life character with no ties and no boundaries when it comes to justice. He takes the law into his own hands and it kind of describes the way I feel these days about one's happiness. Waiting for others to approve of your actions or decisions is a sure way to live in low-level discontent. One might not be miserable but you are never really happy to the point of being carefree and just gleeful.

So these days I have stopped looking to tick boxes for happiness and the good Lord Himself knows that I will not be unscrupulous in my pursuit of happiness per se; but I will no longer allow convention and seeming common sense tie me down any longer. Life is too short to fill it with discontent and frustration. To joy, freedom and happiness in Christ, Amen!

Thank You, Lord for today, Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home